The general objective of the BLUEBIOLAB project is the creation of a transboundary laboratory of scientific excellence in the field of marine biotechnology, which increases the capacity to develop excellence in the field of R&D, reinforces and internationalizes the R&D capacities of the territory, optimizing the use of research infrastructures and contributing to achieve the expected results in RIS3, RIS3T and the blue growth strategy.
In particular, the preferred lines of research that will be addressed in the project are fully integrated with the RIS3 and RSI3T strategies and are:
- Support the consolidation of biotechnology as a fundamental tool for the study and valorisation of marine biological resources and the sustainable exploitation of marine biological resources.
- Group the existing infrastructures, integrated in the Transboundary Marine Biotechnology Laboratory, in line with the common strategic objectives of the regions (RIS3 Galicia, RIS3 Norte and RIS3T).
- Develop actions to support talent and promote the mobility of researchers, including the programming of advanced training activities.
- Create networks of knowledge and joint work, with actors from the scientific system linked to marine biotechnology on both sides of the border, in order to increase critical mass and scientific excellence.
- Promote the internationalization and integration of scientific infrastructures related to marine biotechnology in international R&D networks, through the Transboundary Marine Biotechnology Laboratory.
Therefore, it can be concluded that BLUEBIOLAB aims to establish the resources and mechanisms to strengthen, stimulate and project internationally strategic research lines for the territory and for the marine productive sector, promoting innovative capacity and territorial competitiveness through a TFE in which the Euroregion has already demonstrated its ability to be internationally competitive.
Support for the consolidation of marine biotechnology.
Sharing of existing infrastructure in the BlueBioLab laboratory network.
Support talent and promote mobility and advanced training of researchers.
Creation of networks of knowledge and joint work.
Internationalization and integration of scientific infrastructures in international networks.